After hitting the redline and temporarily closing its doors to new patients in March, 2016, the executive team at AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division – South Region began rethinking their approach to capacity management.
After learning about emerging command center solutions, they used Digital Twin technology to discover more specifics about how a command center could improve their operations and help them balance capacity across the entire system.
Gathering insights and feedback from over 100 stakeholders across the system helped provide a clearer picture of the process improvements needed and built support for the changes required for the successful development of a central command center.
In this in-depth article, Dr. Sanjay Pattani, Associate Chief Medical Officer at AdventHealth Orlando; Penny Porteous, Executive Director of Mission Control at AdventHealth Orlando; and Ryan Treml, Managing Director at GE HealthCare Command Centers share:
- Why actionable data, an intentionally designed department, and cultural alignment throughout the organization underpin the success of AdventHealth’s command center
- A step-by-step guide to choosing a location and developing the floor plan
- How the command center has helped them navigate both a hurricane and a pandemic
- Why their command center strategy puts the patient at the center, with financial outcomes as a secondary measure of success
- A list of key team members involved in the development and deployment of AdventHealth’s command center